Children are admitted to the Nursery, on a part-time basis, as soon after their third birthday as possible. The school follows the admissions policy set out by the Local Education Authority.
In the case of over-subscription, the following criteria are applied:
- Eligible children in the care of the local authority
- Children aged 4+ who live within the defined admission zone for the school
- Children aged 4+ who live outside the admission zone but have a brother or sister attending the school at the time the nursery child will be admitted
- Children aged 3+ who live within the defined admission zone for the school
- Children aged 3+ who live outside the admission zone but who have a brother or sister attending the school at the time the nursery child will be admitted
- Other children aged 4+
- Other children aged 3+
There is a single intake for Reception children in September each year. The allocation of Reception places is managed by the local authority.
In the case of over-subscription the following criteria: are followed in priority order:
- Children who are cared for by the local authority
- Children who are permanently resident in the admission zone defined or the school
- Children not living in the admission zone who have elder brothers or sisters attending the school in the 2018/2019 school year.
- Children not living in the admission zone who exceptional social and/or medical reasons for attending a particular school, professionally supported by an independent third party and sustained by the authority’s professional advisers
- Children living closest to the school
Please click here the Redcar and Cleveland Borough Council website for further information.